Updated November 14, 2018

 

Notice on Updates: This website generates NO MONEY for Reporter Publishing and we actually have to pay to give people the news on this site for free. We usually update the page each Wednesday but since we lose money on this website, updates are not a priority. For updated news each week subscribe to The Reporter newspaper.

 

Links to November 6 election results by county (click on county name)

 

Camden County

 

Miller County

 

Morgan County

--------------------------------------------------------

Contract for design of airport extension approved 

CAMDENTON – The runway extension for the Camdenton Memorial-Lake Regional Airport is moving forward with the approval of a contract last week with Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc (CMT) to provide designs for the expansion.

CMT will provide designs for the runway 15/33 and parallel taxiway extension pre-grading, closing Forbes Road, extend Opportunity Road and extend the wildlife fence.

The project will cost $188,500 but a state funded grant will pay 90 percent and the city will pay the remaining 10 percent.

CMT design details will be for the following work:

1. Conduct geotechnical investigation.
2. Clear and grub grading limits. Trim trees that are obstructions and located within avigation easement areas.

Click here for rest of the story 

 

 

Search warrant lands two in jail

CAMDEN COUNTY – Two people have been arrested and charged after the execution of a search warrant.

Last week deputies with the Camden County Sheriff’s Department (CCSD) and members with the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group executed a search warrant in the 2000 block of Old Route 5.

According to the CCSD, a quantity of suspected Methamphetamine and LSD were located and two subjects were arrested as a result of the search.

Patricia Dilsworth, 31, of Camdenton, MO, was charged with:

Click here for rest of the story 

House damaged in accidental fire

CAMDEN COUNTY – A fire ruled accidental has resulted in extensive damage to a home on Newton Street in Camdenton.

On Sunday, November 4, at 7:24 p.m., the Mid-County Fire Protection District (MCFPD) was dispatched to a reported residential structure fire at 62 Newton Street in Camdenton.

Firefighters arrived to find the rear side of a single story residence well involved in fire with the fire having spread to the attic.

Click here for rest of the story 

 

Eagle Days are upon us once again

JEFFERSON CITY - From December through February, Missouri's winter eagle watching is spectacular. The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) is holding various Eagle Days events around the state and local sites can also be attended for eagle viewing at anytime.

Because of the state’s big rivers, many lakes, and abundant wetlands, Missouri is one of the leading lower 48 states for bald eagle viewing. Each fall, thousands of these birds migrate south from their nesting range in Canada and the Great Lakes states to hunt in the Show-Me State.

Eagles take up residence wherever they find open water and plentiful food. More than 2,000 bald eagles are typically reported in Missouri during winter.

In the lake area, Lake of the Ozarks at Bagnell Dam Access, east of Bagnell is a popular place to view the birds along with nearby Truman Reservoir west of Warsaw.

For those who want more information and a close up of eagles, the MDC is offering Eagle Days events around the state.

Eagle Days Events

MDC Eagle Days events include live captive-eagle programs, exhibits, activities, videos, and guides with spotting scopes.

Click here for rest of the story 

All content is Copyright 2018 by Reporter Publishing, L.L.C. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited without written permission.