The Reporter covers Miller, Morgan and Camden County in Central Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks and is published once per week on Wednesdays.
Published August 8, 2018
Leadership Camden County seeking participants
CAMDEN COUNTY - The Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking individuals who are interested in learning more about the community, expanding leadership skills and networking with other area residents.
Co-sponsored with the University of Missouri Extension of Camden County, the twenty-fourth LEADERSHIP Camden County class will begin in September.
The goals of the program are to enhance the leadership skills of participants to improve Camden County’s future; familiarize participants with the community’s opportunities, needs, problems, and resources; identify and analyze current economic, political and social forces affecting the community’s future; establish effective peer relationships among participants; provide a common ground for communications between participants and community leaders; and to educate participants on how to move people and ideas to action.
LEADERSHIP Camden County addresses the following topics during the nine month program:
• September - Orientation & Team Building - This is an opportunity for the class to meet their other classmates, share information about themselves and for developing the team.
• October - Leadership Dynamics and Tour of Camden County - The class experiences a leadership panel and develop a vision for Camden County. The group will participate in the True Colors session.
• November - Health & Education - Health and education resources are reviewed from available medical services to the elementary/secondary educational system.
• December - Law & Order - Class members learn the jurisdictions and structure of the legal system in Camden County.
• January - Infrastructure - The class learns and discusses infrastructure systems in place and the needs in the future as it impacts the community.
• February - State Government - A day trip to Jefferson City includes visits with state elected officials and the opportunity to tour the legislative and executive branches of state government.
• March – Economy & Tourism - This session addresses the evolution of the Lake economy and the current business climate.
• April - Natural Resources - This session highlights the natural resources in the area and how those resources shape life as it exists today.
• May - Active Leadership and Graduation Banquet - The last session will be active leadership engagement with a designated non profit in the region.
Class size will be limited to 30 participants and is open to anyone interested in the future of Camden County. Tuition for the program is $425 and includes class materials, class polo shirt, field trips, meals, and graduation banquet in May.
For an application go to the Chamber’s web site at http://camdentonchamber.com/leadership-camden-county or contact the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-346-2227 or University of Missouri Extension of Camden County at 573-346-2644.
Application deadline is August 10, 2018.
All content is Copyright 2018 by Reporter Publishing, L.L.C. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited without written permission.